Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Featured Authors Give Each Other Some Love: Meg Waite Clayton Hosts Tayari Jones on Her Blog

Featured author Meg Waite Clayton ("The Four Ms. Bradwells" and "The Wednesday Sisters") hosted featured author Tayari Jones ("Silver Sparrow") on her blog, 1st Books: Stories of How Writers Get Started.

In response to early negative reactions from publisher to the first 100 pages of the novel, Jones writes:

For months, I wrote nothing at all. It seemed pointless. My characters which I thought were so loveable and complicated had been undressed and shamed. (Some of the rejections were so pointed that I cried. One even suggested that I didn’t “understand fiction yet.”) And this was to be my third novel.

Read the full essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GAITHERSBURG
BOOK
FESTIVAL

SATURDAY
MAY 21, 2011
10AM - 6PM


GAITHERSBURG
CITY HALL
GROUNDS

FREE
ADMISSION
AND PARKING

Gaithersburg Logo