Friday, May 6, 2011

Short Story Contest: Honorable Mention #4

Read about the contest.

-------------------
The Moment by Samantha Levinson
Richard Montgomery High School - Montgomery County, Maryland

In my entire life, I’ve fibbed dozens of times – usually to be polite or to get out of attending some mind-numbing social event – but I’ve only told one really big lie. I remember the day perfectly; there was sunshine, but it was cold, there was laughter, but I could not find my smile.

I had searched my soul for it, for that little light that was shown to the world as only the twinkle of an eye. I missed feeling alive, a feeling that is so much more than the knowledge that you are living. For living suggests the journey, while alive the moment. The moments are what I missed, the journey what I had too much of.

Read the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GAITHERSBURG
BOOK
FESTIVAL

SATURDAY
MAY 21, 2011
10AM - 6PM


GAITHERSBURG
CITY HALL
GROUNDS

FREE
ADMISSION
AND PARKING

Gaithersburg Logo