Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Short Story Contest: Honorable Mention #6

Read about the contest.

-------------------
Pandora’s Box by Ruthie Prillaman
Richard Montgomery High School - Montgomery County, Maryland

"Don't open the box," my father always told me. And I had every intention of heeding his words. There was a certain steely look that crept into his great, grey eyes, a thick sheet of ice that hardened his face into a chiseled slab of marble, a look that spoke many more words than all those that boomed thunderously from between his lips. When he looked upon me with his face like stone and his eyes glistening like iron, I asked no questions. His words thickened into fat, black letters, tattooed on the backs of my eyelids where I’d never forget them.

Read the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GAITHERSBURG
BOOK
FESTIVAL

SATURDAY
MAY 21, 2011
10AM - 6PM


GAITHERSBURG
CITY HALL
GROUNDS

FREE
ADMISSION
AND PARKING

Gaithersburg Logo