Friday, April 22, 2011

National Poetry Month: Selection #5

Poet Colette Releford will be reading in the GBF Coffeehouse on May 21.

One of our committee members selected her poem, "Never out of my Life," as a favorite for poetry selection #5 as we continue to honor National Poetry Month.

Never out of my Life

Sometimes I hear your voice when I'm alone in the night, and
sometimes I dream that your still with me and everything is the
same.

Then the morning sun come; into my dreams and I have to face
the day, because it’s all in my mind and your still so far away.

You may be gone but you'll never be out of my life. The
memories you gave me are what keeps my heart together, their
makes my life go on.

Read the rest of the poem as part of a sample from Colette's collection, "I Learned to Fly with Broken Wings."

And if you like Colette's poetry, purchase the entire book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GAITHERSBURG
BOOK
FESTIVAL

SATURDAY
MAY 21, 2011
10AM - 6PM


GAITHERSBURG
CITY HALL
GROUNDS

FREE
ADMISSION
AND PARKING

Gaithersburg Logo