Thursday, April 28, 2011

Short Story Contest: Finalist #12

Read about the contest.

-------------------
Tiny Red Donut by Augustina Rius
Richard Montgomery High School - Montgomery County, Maryland

When I left my parents’ house for good, I took five things with me… I took my binoculars, my bug kit, my backpack, my lucky pebble and some water. I get thirsty quickly in summer! As I left the house, I said “Bye Mama! See you never!” and slammed the door shut. The echo followed me down the hall of our apartment complex. I rushed down the mud-tracked stairs, leaving fresh prints to guide my mom - just in case she got worried. It was a beautiful day out, and the sun glimmered on the water puddles along the road.

Read the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GAITHERSBURG
BOOK
FESTIVAL

SATURDAY
MAY 21, 2011
10AM - 6PM


GAITHERSBURG
CITY HALL
GROUNDS

FREE
ADMISSION
AND PARKING

Gaithersburg Logo