Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Short Story Contest: Finalist #11

Read about the contest.

-------------------
Playing the Hero by Peter Ramsey
Rockbridge Academy - Anne Arundel County, Maryland

When I left my parents' house for good, I took five things with me: my iPod; the rusting old brass knuckles I'd inherited at age 5; the boomerang I'd acquired in New Zealand; the precious key I was setting out to protect; and the ancient but well-kept samurai sword that had long hung on the wall in the house I no longer called home. My parents, of course, had objected to my leaving, but I had been given the key. I needed to get it to the Arthur Rose building in the next city as fast as I could. For what purpose, I didn't know. But I did know that the world hung in the balance.

Read the full story.

See video from the Crofton Patch of Peter talking about his short story and his love of performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GAITHERSBURG
BOOK
FESTIVAL

SATURDAY
MAY 21, 2011
10AM - 6PM


GAITHERSBURG
CITY HALL
GROUNDS

FREE
ADMISSION
AND PARKING

Gaithersburg Logo