Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Short Story Contest: Honorable Mention #2

Read about the contest.

-------------------
The Box by Jackie Rose Lenta
Urbana High School - Frederick County, Maryland

“Don’t open the box,” my father always told me. He was a wise man and I was pretty sure I was his favorite child because I never disobeyed him, but this time I felt too tempted. “This must be the way Connor feels every day,” I thought, staring at the mysterious box. Connor was my little brother. At the age of five, he was already a mastermind at getting under my parent’s skin, as well as mine. Every day was a new adventure. “Which walls should I color on? Which messy meal should I throw at mommy? Which one of my sister’s favorite shirts should I cut?” These were probably the first questions he asked himself when he woke up in the morning. This time, I was the one with the question. “Should I open it?”

Read the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GAITHERSBURG
BOOK
FESTIVAL

SATURDAY
MAY 21, 2011
10AM - 6PM


GAITHERSBURG
CITY HALL
GROUNDS

FREE
ADMISSION
AND PARKING

Gaithersburg Logo