Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Short Story Contest: Honorable Mention #10

Read about the contest.

-------------------
“Until Hell freezes over” by Kathleen Xu
Richard Montgomery High School - Montgomery County, Maryland

"Don't open the box," my father always told me, and so I didn’t.

But my ex-best friend did, and I paid dearly for it.

Shortly after she stole the box, Fantina disappeared, only to reappear years later with a massive amount of wealth in a foreign country. On the other hand, I, who had spent countless nights studying to graduate at the top of my class, was working non-stop as a financial manager for a consulting company. Did I mention that the pay sucked and my clients were more ungrateful than teenage children?

Read the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GAITHERSBURG
BOOK
FESTIVAL

SATURDAY
MAY 21, 2011
10AM - 6PM


GAITHERSBURG
CITY HALL
GROUNDS

FREE
ADMISSION
AND PARKING

Gaithersburg Logo