Monday, May 16, 2011

Short Story Contest: Honorable Mention #9

Read about the contest.

-------------------
Untitled by Tara M. Wuchenich
Osbourn Park High School - Prince William County, Virginia

When I left my parents’ house for good, I took five things with me; the love in my heart, the courage in my veins, the thankfulness in my eyes, confusion in my mind and a painful memory. I took one last look at my parent’s house and got into my pick-up truck. I sat there for a moment in silence. I adjusted myself comfortably in my seat and closed my eyes. I began to relive that windy, spring day.

It was my little brother Chris’ birthday. Chris had decided that he wanted to go to Nags Head and celebrate.

Read the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GAITHERSBURG
BOOK
FESTIVAL

SATURDAY
MAY 21, 2011
10AM - 6PM


GAITHERSBURG
CITY HALL
GROUNDS

FREE
ADMISSION
AND PARKING

Gaithersburg Logo