Thursday, May 12, 2011

Short Story Contest: Honorable Mention #7

Read about the contest.

-------------------
How the Box Stole Christmas by Andrew Qian
Clarksburg High School - Montgomery County, Maryland

“Don’t open the box” my father always told me. Well it’s a bit late to go back now. It wasn’t even my fault the box was opened and now look where this has gotten me; sitting in front of my computer on a Saturday night attempting to quickly make up diligently compose a short story. I mean, Pandora wasn’t even punished when she opened the jar Zeus had given her. Sure, mankind became plagued with all the evils in the world but at least hope was eventually let out. (Now I hope I can get this finished in the next five minutes so I can get back downstairs to watch the Colts and Jets playoff game.)

Read the full story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GAITHERSBURG
BOOK
FESTIVAL

SATURDAY
MAY 21, 2011
10AM - 6PM


GAITHERSBURG
CITY HALL
GROUNDS

FREE
ADMISSION
AND PARKING

Gaithersburg Logo